2015 Legislative Successes
- Patients Day at the Capitol brought more than 200 patients and supporters to the Colorado Capitol to meet with legislators and staff
- SB14 the Caregiver Bill, including Jack’s Amendment, PASSED
- SB115 the Medical Marijuana Sunset Bill PASSED
- SB260 requires testing of medical marijuana products from the industry PASSED
- HB1267 allows for medical marijuana on probation PASSED
- HB1283 sets up a reference library for testing labs PASSED
- HB1305 restricts home production of Butane Hash Oil (BHO) but, thanks to CPA, does not include alcohol or water-based extraction PASSED
- HB1036 & HB1298 require signs warning pregnant women about the dangers of cannabis KILLED… twice.
We have a lot more work to do
- With a seat on the CDPHE’s Scientific Advisory Council, we have moved acceptance of PTSD as a qualifying condition for medical marijuana in Colorado closer than its ever been before. On July 15, the Board of Health will hold a hearing to make a determination.
- We are working with schools to get reasonable policies around medical marijuana and already have a team of supporters on board.
- We are establishing a resource network and center so cannabis patients can find the information and support they need.
- We are traveling and reaching out to patients around the state who are not being well-supported, especially in rural areas.
- We are working on bills to be introduced during the 2016 Colorado Legislative Session and watching for any other bills that may affect patients.
- We continue to communicate with and support efforts in Washington D.C. and across the country to bring safe, legal, affordable medical marijuana to patients.
Our ability to continue this important work depends on YOU. Throw a fundraiser. Volunteer. Tell your friends. DONATE. Be an ally. We can’t do this without you!