Rep. Dan Pabon and KC Becker, with help from the House Democrats, have introduced the worst attack on patients and caregivers we’ve seen yet! HB17-1220 would limit ALL home cultivation to 12 plants STATEWIDE. NO EXCEPTION for patients or caregivers. In fact, the bills specifically target patients and caregivers as the source of diversion to other states and children. HB17-1221 provides grants to law enforcement to further criminalize patients.
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED NOW! All hands on deck!
SHOW UP at the rally at the Capitol Monday at 11:00
Colorado State Capitol, West Steps
200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203
SHOW UP at the hearing on Monday afternoon at 1:30
Legislative Services Building
200 E 14th Ave, Denver, CO 80203
(Across 14th from the Capitol)
CALL and EMAIL the Committee TODAY! Tell your story. Let them know how this would affect you. Contact information is here:https://www.facebook.com/notes/cannabis-patients-alliance/colorado-2017-finance-committee/1087365344708746
IMPORTANT! If you can’t make it to the hearing, WRITE YOUR TESTIMONY and SEND A COPY to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to Rep. Steve Lebsock at email@example.com and Rep. Jonathan Singer at firstname.lastname@example.org. THIS IS CRITICAL! If this bill passes committee, your testimony will be read on the House Floor so that it is entered in the public record!
The governor is saying that:
1. Home grows are inherently dangerous
2. They contribute to the black market
3. The black market has increased since legalization
4. There is increased violence overall and in residential neighborhoods
5. Caregivers and patients with high plant counts are diverting out of state and selling to kids
The bottom line is we passed a compromise law (SB15-014) that just went into effect on January 1, 2017. Why are we not waiting for it to work?
Consider answering these questions:
1. How does this hurt sick patients?
2. How do people grow safely at home?
3. How does this inhibit smart collaborations by preempting local control?
4. Is there data that proves the black market and other crimes have not increased compared to other states that have legalized?
We ALL need to do everything we can to KILL THESE BILLS!
Read HB1220 here: http://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb17-1220
Read HB1221 here: http://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb17-1221
SHOW UP! SPEAK UP!
Cannabis Patients Alliance has shown up time and time again to advocate for medical marijuana patients. Now it’s time for you to show up for CPA and support our continued work. Please donate generously.